madwifi session timeout causing seg. fault

Ahmet Basagalar ahmet at thebluezone.com
Mon Jan 15 15:56:19 EST 2007

Hi,

We have been getting some segmentation faults on the hostapds that we are
using with madwifi driver. I have found that this is because of the fact
that session timeouts are not being cancelled although the stations are
freed. I added

eloop_cancel_timeout(ap_handle_session_timer, hapd, sta);

to the ap_free_sta function in sta_info.c and that fixed the issue. I am no
longer getting seg. faults. (Also you will need to declare
eloop_cancel_timeout somewhere before ap_free_sta)

Thanks,
Ahmet