Where to start?

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Jan 15 15:41:33 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 21:09 +0100, Haldor Hartwig wrote:

> I'm confused, as i read different things: I need to compile kernel with
> hostap support,

Correct (unless it's already compiled in)

>  i need to compile hostap (which one? hostap-driver?
> hostapd? hostap-utils? all of these?) from source (and i need kernel
> sources installed for this),

You didn't specify the source of this information.  It may be obsolete.
I suggest you do only things the documentation tells you to do.

>  i need to remove (rmmod) orinoco and hermes
> modules and so on...

Correct.

> Would be nice if someone would help me to get things in the right order.

Maybe you should try all this first.  And if refer to any information,
please tell others where to find it, just in case it needs correction.

Sorry, I'm not a support person, so don't expect any handholding from
me.  However, if you can show that you followed the current official
documentation and things didn't work, I could help fixing the
documentation.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin