invalid authenticator packet droped

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Feb 10 13:42:23 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:13:57AM -0800, vamsi krishna wrote:

> No message-authenticator attribute found
> Incoming radius packet did not have correct message authenticator - droped

> a computer is equiped with hostap and with a radius server, this radius server acts as a proxy to the home network,

> if anyone knows the error and where the problem is (hostap or visiting radius server or home radius server)please let me know

It looks like either the proxy RADIUS server is not sending
Message-Authenticator attribute in the messages to hostapd. I've never
used FreeRADIUS as a proxy server so I do not know how it behaves
normally in this kind of configuration, but I would suggest verifying
that it is configured to include the authenticator in all RADIUS
messages to hostapd.