WEP is possible, WPA not

Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) philippe.dhont at searo.be
Fri Feb 9 03:36:43 EST 2007

Hello,

I have an intel 3945 wireless card, installed wpa_supplicant (via apt-get, debian etch installation).
I want to use it with my dlink router but i am not able to use WPA.
The configuration for WEP works, but for WPA I never get an ip address from the DHCP server.

This is my /etc/network/interfaces configuration:

iface eth2 inet dhcp
wpa-driver wext
wpa-conf /etc/network/wpa_home.conf

then, my /etc/network/wpa_home.conf

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0

eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2
fast_reauth=1

network={
       ssid="ZWERVELWPA"
       proto=WPA
       key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
       pairwise=TKIP
       psk="1234567890"
#      psk=b77c11d7a3bdd1b1f19e06c2b26128b25ba51719d165e557335157822bb8affc
       priority=5

}

Via iwconfig I can see that eth2 is the right essid.
If I configure it for WEP, then it works but not via WPA

To start I type :

Ifup eth2

Is that correct to start like that ? please help, how can I make WPA working.
Thnx,
Phil.