Doubt Ad hoc mode

Salatiel Filho salatiel.filho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 07:05:24 EST 2007

Hi , i  am trying to make a adhoc network between my linux pc and a windows pc.
I have wpa_supplicant.conf similar to this:

 network={
     ssid="adhoc"
     mode=1
     proto=WPA
     key_mgmt=WPA-NONE
     pairwise=NONE
     group=CCMP
     psk="some-key"
 }

Well , the problem is:
When my linux start , it starts automatically my eth1 wireless
interface  [ipw3945] and start  wpa_supplicant with the correct
parameters. If the windows machine is already ON the connection is
established successfully. But if the windows machine is down when my
machine starts , even after i power on the windows i do not get
connection. I need to kill wpa_supplicant and restart it. Is there a
way to wpa_supplicant keep trying to connect until it finds the
windows machine ? My linux machine is a server and it is not good need
to go there every time i reboot windows or something like it.

thanks ...
--
[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".