Get connected and associated status

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:24:21 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 1:32 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 10:41:57AM +1100, hce wrote:
>
> > Thanks Dan. I've searched but could not find a proper document on how
> > to use control socket in applications to get events from the
> > wpa_supplicant. Would you please point me a document or an example?
>
> How and where did you search for this information? I was hoping that the
> documentation was easily available, but if not, it would be useful to
> get more details so that this can be made easier to find.
>
> The developers' documentation for wpa_supplicant has a page about the
> use of control interface at
> http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/ctrl_iface_page.html
>
> Both wpa_cli and wpa_gui source code is included with wpa_supplicant to
> give an example on how the control interface is used.

Thanks  Jouni and the link information. I was searching control socket
information from google....

Anyway, from Dan's  comments:
"wpa_supplicant will send events back through the control socket that
you must read and match"

Does the wpa_supplicant provide a control socket we can register our
callback to get events asynchronously? Or, should I use a select
mechanism to get events from control interface?

What are event names and event descriptions that my application can
use? It doesn't look like above link providing that information, I
might blindly miss them?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim