Disassociation support...

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:21:01 EST 2007

Hi Jouni Malinen,

    In below mailing list link you have mentioned that wpa supplicant
snapshot version has provided command to disassociate.

    http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-November/004852.html

   I downloaded snapshot 0.6.0. But could not find command for
disassociation. Will you plz tell me where can I get wpa supplicant code
that supports disassociation command.

here is ./wpa_supplicant -h, output on screen.

[/mnt/hgfs/security/wpa_supplicant-0.6-2007-05-26/wpa_supplicant]#
./wpa_supplicant -h
wpa_supplicant v0.6.0
Copyright (c) 2003-2007, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> and contributors

This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.

This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)

usage:
  wpa_supplicant [-BddhKLqqtuvwW] [-P<pid file>] [-g<global ctrl>] \
[-p<driver_param>] \
        [-p<driver_param>] [-b<br_ifname>] ...]

drivers:
  wext = Linux wireless extensions (generic)
  hostap = Host AP driver (Intersil Prism2/2.5/3)
  atmel = ATMEL AT76C5XXx (USB, PCMCIA)
  wired = wpa_supplicant wired Ethernet driver
  -b = optional bridge interface name
  -B = run daemon in the background
  -c = Configuration file
  -C = ctrl_interface parameter (only used if -c is not)
  -i = interface name
  -d = increase debugging verbosity (-dd even more)
  -D = driver name
  -g = global ctrl_interface
  -K = include keys (passwords, etc.) in debug output
  -t = include timestamp in debug messages
  -h = show this help text
  -L = show license (GPL and BSD)
  -p = driver parameters
  -P = PID file
  -q = decrease debugging verbosity (-qq even less)
  -v = show version
  -w = wait for interface to be added, if needed
  -W = wait for a control interface monitor before starting
  -N = start describing new interface
example:
  wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

--
Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S