ndiswrapper + wpa_supplicant

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:09:56 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 10:25 AM, Sukku <m.sukumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> From last two weeks, I am working on this problem. I am working on FC8 with
> kernel version 2.6.23.1-42.
>
> I am using Linksys wireless adapter (WUSB54G). I didn't found any linux
> drivers for this device. so by using ndiswrappers I installed windows native
> drives in linux box. finally adapter got detected.
>
> after words  I try to use this  wpa_supplicant on this adapter.  Hear I am
> facing problem
>
> In debugging mode  I am getting so many IOCTL errors. I am not getting,
> there errors are from ndiswrapper or wpa_supplicant.

I saw those errors, and failed to connect, also using FC8 with a ndiswrapper
but a different  USB dongle (TEW).    However, NetworkManager is more or
less working (too frequent disconnects from my AP, connects to random
open AP's).   Check that there isn't a 2nd copy of wpa_supplicant running.

Have you tried NetworkManager?

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia