Can't get hostap & wpasupplicant working on Thinkpad A31p with Prism 2.5 Wifi

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:56:47 EDT 2007

OK, I can confirm now that Roaming Mode (mode 2 using a wpa_supplicant.conf
file) works.  I was trying to get what I thought would be the easiest setup
going so I was focusing on Mode 1 (managed mode) where all the wpa-
statements are in the /etc/network/interfaces file.

I could never get this to work.  I'll mess around some more with it and see
if I can figure out the problem but I'm happy now.

My setup is like yours now, interfaces clause just points to the
wpa_supplicant.conf file and everything works now.

Thanks for your help.  I knew I was close, just needed some fresh ideas!

Regards,

Brian