Not using modified module

ahuguet at cttc.es ahuguet at cttc.es
Wed Apr 11 06:54:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

after manually copying the .ko files on
/lib/modules/2.6.17.14-ubuntu1/extra to
/lib/modules/2.6.17.14-ubuntu1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap and
restarting the machine, the messages were shown.

Is there any way to achieve this, without having to manually copy the
files each and every time?

Maybe if I run:
> 1) make -C /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.17 SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules
> 2) make -C /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.17 SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules_install
> 3) depmod -ae

while being in
/lib/modules/2.6.17.14-ubuntu1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap the
resulting module files would overwrite the old ones?

Seems that the kernel loads modules
from/lib/modules/2.6.17.14-ubuntu1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap so I
always need this folder to contain the latest modules.

Thanks again for your help, I'm step to step closer to a complete
resolution of this affair.