How to implement mesh network with hostap-driver

li tony eltonyli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 03:27:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to use 2 cards to implement mesh network in linux,one for access
point(named as a-port) and another for station(name as c-port). As I know ,
the access point driver should check the source mac address and bssid
of  each data packet. If its src mac address is not in station table or
bssid is not its own bssid , the packet will be discarded. In mesh network,
Should the src mac addresses and BSSIDs of those packets which will be
forwarded be changed? I am afraid that it may case side-effects.

thanks