How to use the testdriver?

Frank Meerkoetter frank at meerkoetter.org
Fri Sep 8 11:19:54 EDT 2006

Hello,

i'm developing an application which interacts with the wpa_supplicant
though its control interface (wpa_ctrl.o).

It would be highly interesting to me to be able to run and test
my application without actually having a wifi card installed.

I saw that there is a testdriver (driver_test.c) which doesn't need any
hardware to run. I played around with it a little (using wpa_cli) but i
don't understand how to make full use of the testdriver.

Is there a way i can feed it with canned networks aka. get scan results?
Can i connect to one of those networks?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
   Frank