Connection troubles, IEEE8021X, WEP with shared dynamic keys and certificates

Paavo Heiskanen paavo.heiskanen at iki.fi
Tue Oct 17 05:25:39 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have probles with my current wireless ISP. They wanted me to connect using
certificates and dynamic shared WEP-keys. All the instructions were naturally
in german and for XP ;)

I managed to get the connection working somehow but I experience a lot of
packet loss and reauthorizations. My connection logs, wpa_supplicant.conf and
connection instructions from the ISP can be found at
http://users.tkk.fi/~tpheiska/data/wlan/ . I'm out of ideas on where the
fault is: ISP, hardware, software, settings, ...

I'm using old Buffalo card and although I specify to use the -Dwext i see my
old ndiswrapper driver come up to dmesg. If I remove ndiswrapper I cannot
connect. OS: Gentoo, net-wireless/wpa_supplicant-0.5.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

--
Paavo Heiskanen, student, TKK

Errare humanum est