wpa_supplicant -> EAP-TTLS/PAP, madwifi-ng (Atheros), problem

sabx sabx at ess.hr
Mon Oct 9 11:40:20 EDT 2006

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Which AP are you using? Is it running the latest firmware version?
D-Link, don't know model, for now. Thats my colledge network and I'm
just trying to connect. I think that the AP is year or two old..
Also, i'm unable to see the configuration.

> This is somewhat uncommon configuration.. Are you sure the AP is using
> WPA2 with TKIP for pairwise keys and WEP40 for group?
Yes, i know..That's my silly configuration from testing phase.. I haved
tried every combination, lol..

Protocol is not WPA2, it's WPA.
First idea, that i haved made from working windows GUI configuration
(SecureW2) and Kismet report was:

- ----------- snip ------------
ap_scan=2

network={
        ssid="SSID"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=WEP40

        eap=TTLS
        identity="username"
        password="password"
        phase2="auth=PAP"
}
- ----------- snip ------------

.. haved the same results:
"WPA: Unsupported EAPOL-Key descriptor version 0."

Kismet report was:
- --------------------- snip ------------------
Network 1: "SSID" BSSID: "01:23:45:67:89:00"
    Type       : infrastructure
    Carrier    : 802.11g
    Info       : "None"
    Channel    : 12
    Encryption : "WEP WEP40 TKIP WPA "
      ...... output ommited ......

> I've never seen any AP trigger this message before.. It means that the
> EAPOL-Key message used an unspecified version number.
Yap..i saw the code of wpa.c..is there any way to bypass it?
Shomething is better than nothing...

Thanks for your time. Any suggestions?