trying to authenticate dynamic wep campus net

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Nov 18 17:29:46 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 02:50:11PM -0600, robm wrote:

> I am trying to use our campus network (dynamic wep) with the below
> wpa_supplicant.conf:

> http://homepage.usask.ca/~rwm132/dumpdd.txt
> for the more verbos -dd version
> any clue what is wrong with my setup it seems to auth fine but then
> reath over and over again.

Yes, as far as wpa_supplicant is concerned, everything seems to go fine.
Authentication is completed successfully and the AP sends out the
dynamic WEP keys. However, at this point the client driver reports
re-association with the same AP.

Which driver are you using? Debugging this kind of problems would likely
require trying to get debug information out from the driver or using a
wireless sniffer to capture the frames sent between the AP and the
client.