driver does not support WPA?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Nov 1 00:16:00 EST 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 02:22:58PM -0600, engage wrote:
> The output of wpa_supplicant ...... -d indicates that the driver for the
> wireless card doesn't support WPA while dmesg | grep wlan0 indicates that it
> does. How can this be? I have the same wireless device on another PC that
> works fine with this driver.

This should not really happen.. Though, the current version of
wpa_supplicant does not really care about the capabilities reported by
the driver since many Linux drivers do not report capabilities properly.
Are you seeing some problems that actually prevent connection or is this
just about a confusing message in the debug log without any other
problems?