Is there an access point supporting PMK caching and pre-authentication?

권정호 jkwon at ain.knu.ac.kr
Wed Nov 1 21:32:39 EST 2006

I’m trying to set up an 802.1X test environment supporting fast handoff.

Actually, I have read that an access point supporting WPA2 can support PMK
caching or/and pre-authentication for fast authentication process on the
Internet.

So I’m now using D-LINK DWL G700AP as an access point which can support
WPA2, however I haven’t found how to configure PMK caching or pre-
authentication mode.

I think all access points supporting WPA2 don’t include the PMK caching or
pre-authentication function, right?

If so, are there other APs perfectly supporting PMK caching or pre-
authentication, not hostap ?

Please, reply to my question.

Thank you in advance.