Can't load PCI driver

Paulo J. Matos pocmatos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:13:46 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have kernel 2.6.15 and I when I try to load the driver:
# modprobe hostap-pci
FATAL: Error inserting hostap_pci
(/lib/modules/2.6.15-gentoo-r1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_pci.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Here's dmesg output:
ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol prism2_update_comms_qual
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol prism2_update_comms_qual
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_hostapd
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_hostapd
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_encryption
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_encryption
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_remove_proc
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_remove_proc
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_auth_algs
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_auth_algs
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_get_stats
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_get_stats
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_add_interface
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_add_interface
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_free_data
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_free_data
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_word
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_word
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_info_process
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_info_process
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_string
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_string
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_antsel
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_antsel
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_remove_interface
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_remove_interface
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_setup_dev
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_setup_dev
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_init_data
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_init_data
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_80211_header_parse
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_80211_header_parse
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_init_ap_proc
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_init_ap_proc
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_hostapd_sta
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_hostapd_sta
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_init_proc
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_init_proc
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_check_sta_fw_version
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_check_sta_fw_version
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_get_porttype
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_get_porttype
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_80211_rx
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_80211_rx
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_set_roaming
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_set_roaming
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_handle_sta_tx_exc
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_handle_sta_tx_exc
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_info_init
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_info_init
hostap_pci: disagrees about version of symbol hostap_master_start_xmit
hostap_pci: Unknown symbol hostap_master_start_xmit

Another issue... how can I upgrade my Prism2.5 firmware. I heard some
firmware was buggy.

Thanks in advance,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm