Is this the correct driver for my pci card?

Paulo J. Matos pocmatos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:02:03 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7110, running gentoo linux, and
although I have the laptop for some years now I was never really able
to see wireless work on linux. I've been trying orinoco drivers from
2.6 kernel but without much success, although iwconfig reports a card,
it never reports signal strenght or link quality.
Here's the output of lspci:
02:0d.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan
chipset (rev 01)

Here's the output of iwconfig with orinoco/hermes drivers loaded:
eth2      IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""  Nickname:"Prism  I"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
          Sensitivity:1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=0/92  Signal level=-68 dBm  Noise level=-122 dBm

Now I found hostap and I would like to know if someone can help me
recognize which driver I should use for this card. Thanks,

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm