R: Incompatibility hostapd - windows

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Mar 25 23:04:21 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:08:59PM +0100, jers at inwind.it wrote:

> Unfortunately I have not solved yet the problem with the VoIP phone.
> When I try to connect the phone to the AP, the first repeats the steps: Scanning, Associated and IP configuring while the latter prints the following debug as in the follow.

It looks like the phone does not reply to EAPOL frames from the AP. If
it has incorrect IEEE 802.1X/EAPOL frame processing for version
negotiation, that could be enough to explain this kind of behavior. I
would suggest updating the AP to use hostapd v0.5.2 and testing with
EAPOL hardcoded to use old version number. This can be done by modifying
wpa_common.h:

replace this line:

#define EAPOL_VERSION 2

with this: