supplicant under WinXP

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Mar 23 18:36:31 EST 2006

Ruzsinszky Attila wrote:
> I pushed the reply button and now I can see no more e-mail address
> except yours.
> Do I have to explicite address the list?

With most mail clients, you can hit "reply all" instead of "reply", and
it'll copy the list for you.  That's what I do in Thunderbird at least.
I've never used gmail (I know, I must be one of only about 5 people), so
I don't know exactly how you'd do it there.

> No!
> I talked about M$ drivers not about wpa_supplicant.

Must have misunderstood then, or something.

> I'm confused now. :-(
> The card is same:
> - under Linux, with wpa_supplicant, I can connect my AP with WPA TKIP
> TLS. So the card is support it. (I upgraded its firmware as I read on
> the Net.)

Sounds like both the card and its firmware support TKIP then.  And
wpa_supplicant supports WPA in EAP-TLS mode.  So it should work fine.

> - under M$ XP SP1 it doesn't work neither its driver or wpa_supplicant.

That's probably a problem with driver you're using then.

> I understand where is the problem then. Linux is working, XP not. Card
> is the same. So the problematic part is the driver which was supplied
> by card?

Yes; you could perhaps look for an updated driver from whoever made your
card.  WPA is pretty ancient by now -- if your card doesn't have drivers
that support it, I'll be surprised.

> Only problem, with my hidden SSID doesn't work.
> I tried out ap_scan=0,1,2 parameters. Only ap_scan=1 is good for me,
> and unhidden SSID! Is this correct?

As Jouni said, Windows/NDIS should work with ap_scan=2, so I'm not sure
what's going on with that.

> OpenSSL: pending error: error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding
> routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error
> OpenSSL: pending error: error:140C800D:SSL
> routines:SSL_use_certificate_file:ASN1 lib
> OpenSSL: pending error: error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding
> routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag
> OpenSSL: pending error: error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding
> routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error
> OpenSSL: pending error: error:0D09A00D:asn1 encoding
> routines:d2i_PrivateKey:ASN1 lib
> OpenSSL: pending error: error:140CB00D:SSL
> routines:SSL_use_PrivateKey_file:ASN1 lib

Not sure where this comes from, but it doesn't look like the full
output.  Perhaps it's related to another message you got somewhere
before?

> CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:14:bf:xx:xx:xx completed (auth)

This should mean that your card is connected and working just fine.  At
this point you should be able to get a DHCP lease (or statically assign
an address), and you should be able to pass traffic.