problem with hostap+ndiswrapper

Joey Richards joey at caltech.edu
Thu Mar 23 01:59:30 EST 2006

Al,

That's interesting.  Please let us know if you figure out what the
difference is.  I'm using Gentoo with a 2.6.15-r1 kernel and having no luck.

Also, if you do have access to another machine that can sniff all the
wireless traffic, please let us know.  This is actually what I meant by
my suggestion.  Jouni thought that getting a complete record of the
packets exchanged between the AP and the client could help determine
what's going wrong.  The hypothesis was that some sort of event was not
making its way between the driver and wpa_supplicant.

What are the versions of various things (ndiswrapper, wpa_supplicant,
kernel) under the working Knoppix configuration?  Are they the same as
for your Devil-Linux configuration?

Thanks, and glad to hear you made some progress,
joey