-Dwext problems with zydas driver and wpa-psk - ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument, Could not configure driver to use managed mode, Association request to the driver failed

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Mar 22 23:26:03 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:47:04PM -0600, John H. wrote:

> did you get my reply?  it would not let me send it to the mailing list
> because it said it was too large.  i sent the debug info.

Yes, I did receive it. However..

> > On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:31:05AM -0600, John H. wrote:
> > > WPA: EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet

That message did not show up at all in the debug log.. There were number
of successful associations and WPA handshakes, but each one seemed to be
followed by disconnection event. Either the AP was disconnecting the
client or the driver was reporting disconnection for some reason.

wpa_supplicant debug log does not provide enough information to
determine what is happening here, so one would either need to get debug
information from the driver or the AP. In addition, it would be useful
to see a wireless capture log of frames sent between the client and the
AP.