problem with hostap+ndiswrapper

Joey Richards joey at caltech.edu
Tue Mar 21 17:40:06 EST 2006

Al,

I have the same problem (connection dropping due to "Key Replay Counter
did not increase") with my broadcomm chipset and a Netgear WG614 access
point.  No solution was found -- it was suggested to try to use a 3rd
party (i.e., another PC with a wireless card) to try to observe the
traffic and see what's going on.  I was not able to do this as I don't
have access to another wireless card.

In my case, I have no trouble connecting using the same hardware under
Windows, even with the Windows version of wpa_supplicant.  I've tried
both the -Dndiswrapper and -Dwext options to wpa_supplicant under Linux.
  Mine is a 2.6.something kernel.

joey