Hostap and 802.11 sequence numbers

Gambhir, Pulkit (Pulkit)** CTR ** pgambhir at lucent.com
Thu Jun 29 01:10:40 EDT 2006

Hi

I have been trying to track the sequence numbers of 802.11 packets (using
hostap driver level code) at the transmition end. Looking at the hostap
code, it appears that the sequence numbers (seq_ctrl field in the ieee
802.11 header) are not being set by hostap, instead that job is passed on to
the frameware; is this correct ?  If yes, then is there some way I can
tarnsfer the job of setting these sequence numbers to the driver level ? or
alternatively can I find out at the transmition end which packet is
allocated which sequence number by the firmware ?

Pulkit