Problems using hostapd with madwifi-ng in bridging mode

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Jun 28 01:41:47 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 10:18 +0200, Dirk E. Wagner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using hostapd-0.5.4 mit the latest snapshot of madwifi-old and
> evrything works fine.
> I want to switch to madwifi-ng 0.9.1 and it seems that wpa
> authentication is ok but no data are available on my bridged interface
> br2. I used tcpdump for testing and I can see that on ath0 tcp traffic
> is visible but not on br2 bridge. I think my configuration is ok, the
> bridge is included in .config and I changed the #define statement in
> driver_madwifi.c to switch between the new and old madwifi driver.

Are you using WDS or a wired interface?  I believe WDS doesn't work
correctly in madwifi-ng if WPA is enabled.

> Some month ago there was a similar problem with madwifi-old:
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-October/011570.html
>
> Is this issue maybe back?

I believe it's a different problem.  The archived message is about an
authentication problem, and you write that the authentication is OK.

Since you didn't provide any error messages, so it's hard to say for
sure.  If you are also getting "Frame too short for this IEEE 802.1X
packet" then maybe the issue is back.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin