connect to AP when ssid isn't broadcasted

Linux User linux at bciassociates.com
Tue Jun 13 10:20:28 EDT 2006

Greetings.

I'm using the 0.4.9 supplicant on SuSE Linux 10.1 Pro, and my issue is that
the wpa debugs show that the ssid isn't being broadcasted by the Cisco 1231
AP, but I can see the mac address of the ssid. It looks like this is why I
can't connect to the ssid. Also, the ssid uses TKIP and WPA-Personal, which
I've configured in the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Lastly, how do I get the supplicant to start at boot time instead of me
having to run it each time from the cli?

Thanks, Jeff