mac based auth with radius problem!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jul 22 00:18:34 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 04:16:36PM +0530, saurav barik wrote:

> I am trying mac based authentication with my hostapd version-0.4.8
> running on debian sarge, with radius server.
> Its been long I am only able to send accounting information but no
> authentication request. In fact, radius log says there is no username
> present in the auth req sent from the radius client.

Which authentication request would that be? hostapd debug log you
included did not show any authentication message being sent to the
authentication server..

> For attaining only mac based authentication with radius server, what
> should be the content of hostapd.conf file?

> driver=madwifi

> macaddr_acl=2
> auth_server_addr=192.168.157.211
> auth_server_port=1812
> auth_server_shared_secret=saurav

Those four lines would be the minimal set needed for MAC ACL using
RADIUS. However, I do not think that this would be supported with
madwifi driver.