FW: wpa_supplicant/madwifi/802.11i

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jul 21 23:46:29 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:31:53PM +0000, Johanna Maldonado wrote:
> I would like to know if anybody has tried to conneted a Atheros chipset with madwifi driver and a wpa_supplicant with ARUBA equipments that claim to support "opportunistic key caching"  I will appreciate any information you can have in this matter.

I have not tested this with Aruba devices since I do not have access to
one, but assuming you enable opportunistic PMKSA caching by setting
proactive_key_caching=1 in wpa_supplicant configuration (it is disabled
by default), I would expect this to work. If not, I would certainly be
interested in getting debug log or more details on what happened.

Opportunistic key caching is not part of the IEEE 802.11i standard, but
it is relatively simple addition and at least the vendors that I have
talked with seemed to implement it in the same way.