Power save mode setup and future driver features

Pablo Osuna posuna at ehas.org
Tue Jan 17 09:05:13 EST 2006

Hi all:

First of all thanks for a such a good job in Hostap driver and
Hostapd-WPA Supplicant. I would like to ask a couple of questions:

1) I have read in the README that hostap implements Power Saving (PS)
mode, but I can not find (neither in README nor mailing lists) what
command I have to use to set up that mode.
Is this mode available for Ad-Hoc or just for Master-Managed mode?
802.11 standard defines PS for both modes.

2) Is in the roadmap to develop new features for hostap driver or all
the current work is focused in Hostapd-WPA Supplicant?

Thanks!

Pablo