Netgate 200mW card and hostap for power modification

Vikram KAUL vkaul at research.telcordia.com
Wed Jan 11 10:13:13 EST 2006

Punky, others

 This is precisely what I have done. This process works for the Linksys
WCF12 Compact Flash, but not for the Netgate.

 I also called Netgate and described the problem. Their linux expert was
on vacation, or so I have been told. I have to call back.

 Additionally, even if the upper limit is 20dBm, the received power an
ad-hoc node is 25 dB lesser than the same settings (20dBm=100mW tx power)
for the Linksys WCF12 Compact Flash. I suppose, even if I figured out the
100 mW to 200 mW problem, the reception will only get better by 3 dB. And
this will still be worse by 22 dB as compared to a WCF12 at 100 mW tx
power.

Thanks