Need help with hostap installing

Juan Felipe Botero jfb at microe.udea.edu.co
Mon Feb 27 11:58:39 EST 2006

HI, i really need some help:m

I could compile the hostap driver with the path of the linux kernel of my embedded system
for a IMXL card based in a arm architecture.

when i compiled the kernel a folder called:
/lib/modules/2.6.11.4-csb/kernel/drivers/net/wireless was created in my normal Linux
system file, so i copied this folder to the folder to the linux file system of the
embedded architecture, but when i started the Linux again, the driver didn't work. i put
in the command line - ifconfig wlan0 up - and the answer was - no such device -. I think
this could be because how the embedded system doesn't have pcmcia support, the folder
/etc/pcmcia doesn't exist so the file: /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf doesn't exist, i dont
know if is necessary that file exists?, i need help if i have done something wrong since
the driver compilation.

The compact flash card is a sinao NL-2511CF mercury.
Please help me

lot of thanks