A simple question

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Thu Feb 23 12:38:23 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:19:34PM -0500, Juan Felipe Botero wrote:
> Can I compile hostap if i give a kernel path of the kernel that i am
> not running?
>
> i need to compile the hostap for a embedded kernel, so i need to
> compile the hostap running another kernel

Yes, just pass KERNEL_PATH=/path/to/kernel/sources/ to make, e.g:

     make KERNEL_PATH=/usr/src/linux-2.6.15.4-some-arch/

Make sure /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.4-some-arch/ contains a configured and
compiled kernel for your target architecture.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd