wpa_supplicant: WPA: EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Feb 3 21:11:44 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 05:39:32PM +0100, Vidar Normann wrote:

> I'm using wpa_supplicant with a simple network with success, almost.
> The problem is that sometimes I get the error from the subject of this mail:
>
> WPA: EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet

The most common reason for this is a missed disconnect/re-connect event
from the driver. Would it be possible for you to send a wpa_supplicant
debug log (with -ddt on the command line to enable full debugging and
timestamps) of this happening? It would also be nice to get iwevent
output from the same run to see what the driver is reporting with
wireless events.