Problem with dhcpcd v3.0.8 in conjunction with WPA with wpa_supplication & hostap

Chris McGinley cemcginley at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 14:46:39 EST 2006

I recently discovered a problem where my DHCP assignment times out using dhcpcd v3.0.8. It works correctly with dhcpcd v2.0.5-r1. The assignment works fine with WEP encryption, but not WPA or WPA2. I've been working with the dhcpcd developer, but it seems that the problem may be related to the hostap driver somehow as it cannot be reproduced elsewhere. Can anyone shed light on this? Any ideas how to troubleshoot the true source of the problem?

Thanks.

Chris

http://mail.yahoo.com