WPA/WPA2 with Prism54 card

Jens Rutschmann Jens.Rutschmann at online.de
Thu Dec 28 11:37:38 EST 2006

I tested both WPA and "WPA2(AES)" (as called by my router) with -dd.

The attached archive contains two text files containing the output of
wpa_supplicant:
output.tkip (for WPA)
output.ccmp (for WPA2)

It seems as if wpa_supplicant didn't even accept my AP as valid when set
up with WPA2.

This is the configuration I used (pairwise and group were set to "CCMP"
when trying WPA2):
network={
   ssid="rutschnet"
   psk="<secret_key_here>"
   proto=WPA
   key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
   pairwise=TKIP
   group=TKIP
}

As I didn't mention it before: I am using Gentoo Linux and I have
compiled wpa_supplicant with full features excluding support for the
madwifi drivers. I hope this doesn't matter in any way.

Jouni: sorry for the double post, I'm new to this mailing list stuff and
I still have some issues with my mail client ...