HostAP and WPA2 with Intersil Prism card

Dave Neuer mr.fred.smoothie at pobox.com
Fri Dec 15 10:54:22 EST 2006

On 12/14/06, Alex Pounds <alex at alexpounds.com> wrote:

> Well, I have since updated my firmware (which went OK), but I am now
> having problems. Different problems. I used the following command to
> update my firmware:
>
> prism2_srec -f -v eth0 -O /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/pda pk010101.hex sf010804.hex

<snip>

> prism2_hw_init: initialized in 192 ms
> wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=df211b20, type=0, res=0)
> wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: command was not completed (res=0, entry=df211b20, type=0, cmd=0x0021, param0=0xfd0b, EVSTAT=8010 INTEN=0010)
> wifi0: interrupt delivery does not seem to work
> wifi0: hfa384x_get_rid: CMDCODE_ACCESS failed (res=-110, rid=fd0b, len=8)
> Could not get RID for component NIC

First off, I'd be lying if I said I knew what was going on here.
However, it's clear enough from  this snippet of log file that the
device is not responding to some commands the way the driver expects
it to.

If it were me, I might try flashing a different firmware version (my
impression from reading all of the info I could find in my attempts to
get things working was that 1.7.4, the version I flashed, is
considered fairly stable).

Of course, that's the drag about having to run binary blobs; it's
really impossible to know what's going on inside the firmware, so
solving something like this is inevitably going to be a process of
trial and error.

Dave