Fedora Core 5

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Dec 7 22:20:50 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 03:23:07PM -0500, Ben Z wrote:

>   Here's my setup: Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 - Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz
>                             Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.17 kernel ( Fedora Kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5 )

>   I had to blacklist my orinoco driver (because this is a Prism-2 card, but the orinoco driver kept loading for it)
>
>   When I try to install the hostap driver I get:
>
>   ieee80211: 802.11 data/management/control stack, 1.2.15
> ieee80211: Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Intel Corporation <jketreno at linux.intel.com>
> hostap: disagrees about version of symbol ieee80211_get_crypto_ops

This sounds like ieee80211 module with its version of crypto code gets
loaded first. This will likely cause problems since that version has
been modified from the original code in Host AP driver. I would suggest
trying to prevent ieee80211 from being loaded and make sure that the
Host AP version of crypto gets used here.