MSNdis_StatusMediaDisconnect "event" occuring. why? what is this?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Aug 13 23:51:46 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 09:32:23PM -0700, George S. Lockwood wrote:

> >How can I guarantee a constant and consistent connection?
> >
> >I would not claim any guarantees on constant wireless connection.. Sure,
> >this is not supposed to happen frequently if the client remains close
> >enough to the AP and there is not too much external interference.
>
> Of coures.  Am really asking: are there timeout controls (use of those
> period variables perhaps) that could be tuned to look ~frequently at the
> state of the connection and cause a reaction: reconnect attempt immediately?

There should not be need for such tunings; the default behavior is
expected to do exactly this and if not, I would consider it a bug and I
would really like to see a debug log showing this behavior.

> I can try...the log gets very large...perhaps I can cut and paste the
> console text a number of times and combine in a useful and helpful manner
> for you.  Of course I could send you the config file.

The most useful and helpful version is for me to get the _full_ log so
that I can decide myself what is useful and do not need to ask
separately for more information.