Security Issue: How secure is sending confidential credentials via wpa_cli type interface?

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sat Aug 5 22:00:19 EDT 2006

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Would you have anything against adding these to the
> README-Windows.txt file once I change the control interface to use
> named pipes?

I don't mind -- go ahead and add anything I've said here.  Or if you
want, I can try to come up with some additional pointers.  Most of it
will be MSDN though, if that matters.  (The issue with MSDN is that its
pages move around fairly often, or at least they have in the past.  This
seems to coincide with a new release of Windows; I remember some 2K Pro
documentation bookmarks that stopped working when XP came out.)

> It would be nice to include some examples and pointers to more
> information so that people that are less familiar with Windows
> configuration would get a better starting point in actually being
> able to use this.

Yep, that makes sense.  :-)