wpa_supplicant Build Problem

Joel Means jmeans at physics.tamu.edu
Sun Aug 6 00:21:28 EDT 2006

Hello,
I am trying to build wpa_supplicant-0.4.9 with the madwifi driver.  I am
using the following config file:

# Driver interface for madwifi driver
CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y
# Change include directories to match with the local setup
CFLAGS += -I../madwifi-0.9.2

# Enable IEEE 802.1X Supplicant (automatically included if any EAP method is
# included)
CONFIG_IEEE8021X_EAPOL=y

# EAP-MD5 (automatically included if EAP-TTLS is enabled)
CONFIG_EAP_MD5=y

# EAP-MSCHAPv2 (automatically included if EAP-PEAP is enabled)
CONFIG_EAP_MSCHAPV2=y

# EAP-TLS
CONFIG_EAP_TLS=y

# EAL-PEAP
CONFIG_EAP_PEAP=y

# EAP-TTLS
CONFIG_EAP_TTLS=y

# EAP-GTC
CONFIG_EAP_GTC=y

# EAP-OTP
CONFIG_EAP_OTP=y

# LEAP
CONFIG_EAP_LEAP=y

# Include control interface for external programs, e.g, wpa_cli
CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE=y

# Include support for GNU Readline and History Libraries in wpa_cli.
# When building a wpa_cli binary for distribution, please note that these
# libraries are licensed under GPL and as such, BSD license may not
apply for
# the resulting binary.
CONFIG_READLINE=y

# Select configuration backend:
# file = text file (e.g., wpa_supplicant.conf)
CONFIG_BACKEND=wpa_supplicant.conf

I have tried with most of the options disabled and enabled in the config
file and I have tried several different development versions as well as
older versions of wpa_supplicant.  Every time, I get the following error:

cc  -o wpa_supplicant config.o common.o md5.o md4.o rc4.o sha1.o
os_unix.o eloop.o l2_packet_linux.o eap_tls.o eap_peap.o eap_ttls.o
eap_md5.o eap_mschapv2.o eap_gtc.o eap_otp.o eap_leap.o eap_tlv.o
eapol_sm.o eap.o eap_methods.o eap_tls_common.o tls_openssl.o ms_funcs.o
crypto.o ctrl_iface.o ctrl_iface_unix.o wpa.o preauth.o pmksa_cache.o
aes_wrap.o wpa_supplicant.o events.o main.o drivers.o driver_madwifi.o
driver_wext.o -lssl -lcrypto
ctrl_iface.o: In function `wpa_supplicant_ctrl_iface_save_config':
/usr/src/packages/sources/wpa_supplicant-0.5-2006-07-26/ctrl_iface.c:783:
undefined reference to `wpa_config_write'
wpa_supplicant.o: In function `wpa_supplicant_reload_configuration':
/usr/src/packages/sources/wpa_supplicant-0.5-2006-07-26/wpa_supplicant.c:923:
undefined reference to `wpa_config_read'
wpa_supplicant.o: In function `wpa_supplicant_init_iface':
/usr/src/packages/sources/wpa_supplicant-0.5-2006-07-26/wpa_supplicant.c:2054:
undefined reference to `wpa_config_read'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wpa_supplicant] Error 1

This is after all of the object files have been built.  I googled for
the errors and found one post on a Czech website where a guy posted this
error and got no response.  Can anyone help me figure out what the
problem is?  I will be happy to supply any additional information that
might be useful.
Thanks,
Joel