wpa_supplicant does not associate till it is restarted ?

B Thomas thomas.1037 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 4 00:59:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

I started wpasupplicant from both system services and
if-up/down scripts out of desperation as I was not
able to get wpasupplicant to associate without restart.
Turning any one of them off does not make a difference.

I built the deb packages for all the softwares because,
as you have noted, they were not available for sarge.

Frankly at this point I am pretty confused and not sure
what is going wrong or how to go about debugging it. My
knowledge of networking and wireless is limited.

I will read the readme file you pointed me to and try again.
Should you have any suggestions I would be greatfull

PS: Do I need to forward my original message to
the debian mailing list to ?

regards
b thomas