wpa_gui has no support for the new id_str option

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Aug 2 23:40:30 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:03:52AM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:

> Felix Homann has noticed[0] that, when he uses wpa_gui to control
> wpa_supplicant behaviour and the "update_config=1" option is used, not only
> are all comments removed (as expected) but so are the 'id_str' options for
> each network. The 'id_str' option provides the underpinning for a roaming
> daemon that can be started by scripts in the debian wpasupplicant package.

Thanks for reporting this! I had forgotten to add couple of new
configuration variables, including id_str, into the list of things to
write into the configuration when update_config=1 is used. This is now
fixed in CVS. This is in no way specific to wpa_gui, i.e., the same
thing can be reproduced with 'wpa_cli save_config'.