random disconnection

Gabor Walter gabor.walter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 10:20:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have an atheros based 3com card (madwifi) which I am using with
wpa_supplicant.
I have been able to set it up and it's working nicely with one annoyance.
Every now and then I get disconnected. I don't seem to find any pattern
here.
Below is part of the debug output from wpa_supplicant:

Wireless event: cmd=0x8b19 len=8
Received 252 bytes of scan results (1 BSSes)
Scan results: 1
Wireless event: cmd=0x8b19 len=8
Received 252 bytes of scan results (1 BSSes)
Scan results: 1
Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added BSSID 00:14:bf:89:bb:b1 into blacklist
State: COMPLETED -> DISCONNECTED

Can anyone please tell me where the new access point comes from, why the
legitimate one gets on the blacklist and how I can prevent this?

TIA,

Best Regards,
Gabor Walter
Hungary