hostapd + hostap driver gives a driver error

Dimitris Theoharis dtheoharis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:07:14 EDT 2006

Hi

This is the part of my hostapd conf file that says that the driver
value is wrong. I am using a  hostap_pci module

##### hostapd configuration file ##############################################
# Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored

# AP netdevice name (without 'ap' prefix, i.e., wlan0 uses wlan0ap for
# management frames); ath0 for madwifi
interface=wlan0ap

# In case of madwifi driver, an additional configuration parameter, bridge,
# must be used to notify hostapd if the interface is included in a bridge. This
# parameter is not used with Host AP driver.
#bridge=br0

# Driver interface type (hostap/wired/madwifi/prism54; default: hostap)
 driver=hostap

and the error is this :

 hostapd -dd -K -t /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf &
[1] 3465
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
Line 14: unknown configuration item ' driver'
1 errors found in configuration file '/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf'
root at MasterBox:/etc/hostapd#