hostap + mac filtering

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Sep 26 02:02:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 08:53:21AM +0300, kasp wrote:

> Yesterday I tried to filter with accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd.accept
> and macaddr_acl=1.

macaddr_acl=1 means that addresses will be accepted unless they are in
the deny list. In other words, you accept all addresses in
hostapd.accept and then all addresses even if they are not in
hostapd.accept.. macaddr_acl=0 is more likely the option you are looking
for, if you have a list of addresses that should be accepted.

> But it seems not working. Should it be run together with:
> iwpriv ath0 maccmd 1
> iwpriv ath0 addmac macaddress ?

No, but ath0 sounds more like madwifi and MAC address filtering in
hostapd is not supported with the madwifi driver.