failure after 4 way handshake

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Mon Oct 17 14:47:36 EDT 2005

matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>What happens if you do not swap the key?
>>

> It still doesn't work.
>
> I have done more testing for the key and :
> if I don't set correctly the first 16 bits, the packet is dropped.
> What ever I set for the RX key, the packet is decrypted but seem to
> contain some garbage at the end (but wpa_supplicant is still able to see
> it as IEEE 802.1X data)[1].

I think I found the problem :

the RX frame is 8 byte too long and the encrypted packet is 8 bytes too
short. And the LLC header is 8 bytes long.

In the windows driver, the driver manage the LLC stuff, in the Linux
driver it is the card that manage it.

There is may be a incompatibility with LLC and WPA for the card, or I
may be I set a wrong value to the config register (I copy the value from
windows driver).

Matthieu

PS : knowing the WPA key is there a way to decrypt the transmit packet ?