Bridging with madwifi

Thomas Heiz sternentanz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 05:44:53 EDT 2005

Hi all

I want to set up hostapd with bridge between a madwifi card and wired
ethernet. I've inserted a line "bridge=br0" in my hostapd.conf.

For the bridge, I used the example "Bridging between wireless and
wired networks" in the readme file from the hostapd.

The bridge works fine without hostapd (clients can connect without encryption).

When I start hostapd, everything seems to be OK, but when a station
wants to connect, the following error occures.

frame too short for this IEEE 802.1X packet

Has anyone successfully set up a bridge with a madwifi card?

thanks
Thomas Heiz