problems with zydas

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Oct 1 15:25:38 EDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 02:06:26PM -0500, John H. wrote:

> ok, i set it to 0, and it seems the lockup is gone.  I'd also made the
> ssid broadcast instead of hidden. so here is where i am now.  iwconfig
> wlan0 essid myssid still won't change it, though, and here's the
> output of running wpa_supplicant in dbug mode

ap_scan=0 mode is not really a very good option for WPA networks since
it has never been tested and is likely to not work. You would also need
to use an external program to trigger association. In other words,
ap_scan=2 would be a better choice. Anyway, I have never tested the
ZyDAS driver, so I have no idea what it supports and how it should be
configured.

As far as the kernel crash/lockup is concerned, that should be reported
to the author(s) of the driver, not this mailing list.