status of prism54-wpa for hostapd

Jers jers at inwind.it
Wed Nov 30 09:43:10 EST 2005

Hi Tobias,

I’m trying the WPA-PSK Access point throughout prism54 and hostapd and I had
same problems. When you run ifconfig
you should have both eth2 and eth2ap interfaces. In this case you have to
do:

Ifconfig eth2ap up

in order to run hostapd.

Doing that, hostapd seems to work fine. Moreover, stations detect the AP
protected with WPA.
Unfortunately I can’t get the connection between clients and AP. Seems that
the AP does not listen to the connection requests.

If you try to test WPA with prism54, please let me know if it works!

Thanks.
Jers